Again today, the photos are not Pinterest-worthy, and my writing may not be the most eloquent. However, here it is. Here is the real, raw reality of day two of new classroom set up for the new school year...
Back to the Classroom! Setting Up, Day 2
By the Numbers
- Time of arrival: 9:15AM
- Time of Departure: 6:35PM
- Time for Lunch: Oops... forgot to eat until 2:30ish (that never happens!). Ate my Trader Joe's salad in about 10 minutes.
- Time spent chit-chatting: 20ish minutes- I was so excited to catch up with colleague/friends- I had to stop and chat!
- Money Spent at Target: $0
- Money Spent on Amazon.com: $206
- Steps Recorded by Fitbit: 10,124 (4.56 miles) A lot of time was spent sitting and sorting through piles of books in the classroom library.
- Furniture Moved & Boxes Unpacked: Almost everything is unpacked!
- Finger nails broken: 2
- Lamps acquired in order to ditch the fluorescent lights: 1
- Money Spent on Lamps: $0
- Days Until Students Arrive: 7
By the Photos, 3:00 PM
|Panorama: taken at 3:00.|
|This area will be the fiction section of the classroom library.|
|These countertops will house the nonfiction section of the classroom library.|
By the Photos, 6:30 PM
|A writing center is coming together. This makes me especially happy!|
|Supply area: What is it about unwrapping and organizing school supplies|
that always, without fail, brings an intense sense of satisfaction?
|What's even more satisfying than organizing new school supplies? |
You guessed it- organizing the classroom library!
Old Favorites! Such a fun and accessible addition to the library-
adding favorite books from 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade to the library.
(Kari, our idea is coming to fruition! More on that later, friends).
|And, this is how I left it.|
Until tomorrow, friends.